I have my Thanksgiving menu set and most of the shopping done. Tomorrow I will buy the turkey and other last minute ingredients. Here's my menu:
- Turkey, of course! We have been making my Grandma's turkey bag recipe for over 25 years.
- Apple stuffed Acorn squash, a recipe we're trying for the first time.
- Mashed potatoes and gravy
- Sweet potato casserole
- My Mom's sausage dressing and a vegetarian version for the kids.
- Broccoli with cheese sauce (my son's request)
- Banana Cream Pie (my husband's request)
- Crock Pot Cranberry Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 cup orange juice + zest of 1/2 orange
- 16 ounces cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- Pinch of ground cloves
Put all in Crock Pot, stir well and then cook 2 to 3 hours on high until liquid is syrupy. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Guests will be here for 3 days so I am using my Party Planning Checklists to stay organized. All my recipes are listed on one checklist, the ingredients are all listed on the shopping checklist and I am using the day planner to keep track of which recipes I am making tomorrow and Wednesday. These checklists help keep me sane!
I am thankful for many things, one of which is that you have chosen to receive my newsletters and are part of our Theme Party Queen family. If you celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope that you and your family enjoy your day.