Pancetta Goat Cheese Salad
From Michael Chiarello
- 6 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1/2 cup (5 oz.) goat cheese (like Chevre)
- 1/3 pound thick-sliced pancetta, cut into strips about 1 inch long and 1/4 inch wide
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
In a large bowl crumble goat cheese over the spinach. Cook the pancetta over medium heat until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pancetta, reserving the rendered fat. You will need 1/4 cup for the dressing so if necessary add olive oil to make up the difference.
Pour the 1/4 cup of fat and pancetta back into the pan. When the pancetta is warm again, add the garlic, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for about a minute then add the cranberries and stir.
Pour dressing over the spinach and cheese. Toss to coat spinach and melt cheese slightly. Serve immediately. Makes 8 servings.
Return from Pancetta Goat Cheese Salad to Party Recipes Hub
Return from Pancetta Goat Cheese Salad to Theme Party Queen Home Page Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter on the home page. I'll be sharing my hottest new tips and recipes.