Hot Crab Fondue
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cup half-and-half or cream
- 2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese, cubed, at room temperature
- 8 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cans crab meat
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Dippers such as Italian or French bread chunks, broccoli, mushrooms
In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, sweat shallots briefly in butter. Add wine, half-and-half, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Transfer mixture to a fondue pot set to low and serve with dippers.
For fondue party information, including how to fondue, top rated fondue pots and accessories and more recipes, click here.