: Chili Chicken Cilantro Cream
Chili Chicken Cilantro Cream
- 6-inch wooden skewers
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs or fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes to keep them from burning. Combine crumbs, chili powder, black pepper, salt, and red pepper in a shallow dish.
Cut chicken into strips and dip in melted butter. Roll in crumb mixture and then thread onto skewers.
Place chicken skewers in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning skewers once.
Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and cilantro in a small mixing bowl. Serve with chicken.
Makes 12 servings.