- 4 ounces bulk sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 30 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup pepperoni or Canadian-style bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- Dippers such as focaccia or Italian bread, mozzarella or provolone cheese cubes or cooked tortellini and ravioli
In a large pot, brown sausage, onion and garlic. Drain grease.
Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni or Canadian-style bacon, and basil. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours to develop the flavors. Add olives and red pepper and cook an additional 15 minutes.
Pour mixture into a fondue pot set to low and serve with dippers.
For fondue party information, including how to fondue, top rated fondue pots and accessories and more recipes, click here.