Zesty Tomato Pesto Pasta
Perfect for Buffet Dinner Parties
This pasta recipe is perfect for buffet dinner parties because you can easily make large quantities and it can be served at room temperature.
- 1 jar (8 oz.) sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, undrained
- 1/3 cup hearty brown mustard (I use French's brand)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon Frank's Redhot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 box (16 oz.) uncooked bow-tie pasta
Combine sun-dried tomatoes with oil, 1 cup water, mustard, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, hot sauce and garlic in blender or food processor. Cover and process until well blended.
Cook pasta according to directions on box; drain well and place in large bowl. Pour sauce over pasta and toss well.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with additional cheese, if desired. Makes 6 side dish servings.
Click here for more party recipes.