: Black Bottom Banana Pie
Black Bottom Banana Pie
- 25 Nilla Wafers, finely crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1-4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups cold milk
- Whipped cream topping, optional
Mix crumbs, 4 tablespoons butter and sugar in medium bowl. Reserve
2 tablespoons of crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
Heat chocolate and remaining butter on low heat, stirring until smooth. Spread evenly over bottom of prepared crust. Top with banana slices and set aside.
Prepare pudding as directed on box for pie using milk. Pour over bananas and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired, and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
For more party recipes, click here.