: Creamy Feta Spinach Dip
Creamy Feta Spinach Dip
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1-10 oz. package spinach leaves, stems removed, cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Dippers including crackers, bread chunks and assorted vegetable sticks
Melt butter in 10-inch skillet and add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook over medium heat until softened. Stir in flour and continue cooking 1 minute.
Whisk in broth and whipping cream. Continue stirring until mixture is thickened.
Add cheese, seasoning, yogurt, spinach and hot pepper sauce and stir until spinach wilts and mixture is heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm with dippers.
For more party recipes, click here.